I was actually confused about this top ten for this week. I guess I’m more tired than I thought. Anyways, from what I gather we recommend books that are similar to or just as good as a popular/hyped up book.
I think I will do something a bit different. Instead of recommending 10 for 1 book, I will recommend 2 for 5 books. Also, just a reminder I have read all these books, both the popular and the recommended.
Please note…I’m not saying that one book is better than the other. I’m just saying if you like this book, then you’ll probably like the ones I recommended as well.
1. The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer is a very popular series and I understand why everyone loves it, but if you love this series then you might also enjoy Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige and Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale.
2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas is another popular series that everyone loves and has been raving about. Who doesn’t love a kick ass heroine who is also and Assassin! These two books are also worth the read! Gracelingby Kristin Cashore and Alanna by Tamora Pierce
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth is an old trilogy, but is still being read by thousands of people, especially since the movies came out. These two books also deserve some love! Legend by Marie Lu and The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
4. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor is also an old series, but a very popular one. These are some books that you might want to try if you enjoyed the fallen angel tidbit. AngelFall by Susan EE and Thousand Pieces of you by Claudia Gray. Now the last book is not so much exact to Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but there are elements to their love stories that are similar.
5. The Diviners by Libba Bray is a very slow moving series to be released. So if you feel that you’re yearning for more of something similar, check out The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes and I Hunt Killer by Barry Lyga.
Hope you enjoyed my list of recommendations and comment below if you think you have recommendations for the 5 books listed above or if you just disagree/agree with me!