So this year I’ve decided to only participate in 4 different Blog challenges, but I did amp up my Reading Goal in my Goodreads. I’ll go through each of the challenges one by one and link the host blogger on the banner of the challenge.
For my Goodreads Reading Goal, since I was able to surpass my 2016 number I decided to aim for a higher goal in 2017. I have officially set it for 70 books. Wish me luck! ^_^
I have also created mini challenges within my reading goal and that is to:
- Finish my 12-months Challenge
- Read at least 12 ‘adult’ books that’s NOT a mystery
- Finish the Fixed TBR that I created
- Start and Finish a Trilogy in the same year
- Finish 5 Series that I’ve started
12-months challenge: In 2017 I have created a 12-month challenge that will allow me to read more books from my shelves. I’ll pick out a piece of paper in a jar and on the paper it will have a challenge that I must accomplish before the month is over. These can include challenges such as: Read a 500+ pages book, Read a Fantasy novel or Read a New-to-me Author. So for my monthly TBR it will include a ’12-months challenge’ title and you can see what will be the category I have to accomplish for the next mont
Fixed TBR: I have also created a Fixed TBR, an idea I got from Mount TBR. It will include books that I’ve owned longer than 2015 or books that has been on my TBR forever! These will have 20 books. Hopefully it will be a successful list!
Now on to my Blog Challenges. This year I won’t participate in that many Blogger’s Reading Challenges, because two of these challenges are a little bit more specific than last years. You’ll see what I mean. Plus, I’m planning to at least enter a few more readathons because I was able to read a lot of books during those weeks. I will try to at least do one every other month OR at least one ever season.
I actually participated in this challenge this year, but I really want to try my hand at it again because I feel that I didn’t read enough dystopia last year.
Level: Rebel – Read 6-10 Dystopian Books
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017
- You can join anytime before November 1, 2017
- Books must be read and reviewed in 2017
- Audiobooks, re-reads, short stories, and crossovers are fine
- You don’t have to be a book blogger to participate! You can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc.
- Sign-up below with your post, Shelfari, Booklikes, etc. and lave a comment letting us know what your personal goal is
- Link up your reviews each month on the post we’ll provide!
Just like the previous challenge. I don’t think I read enough Fantasy novels, and so for 2017 I’m going to try to remedy that.
Level: There is no level or reading goal for this Reading Challenge, but I still need to set a goal, which will be 8 fantasy books.
- The challenge will run from January 1-December 31, 2017.
- We’re welcoming all readers to join us for this challenge! In order to sign up, readers just need to link to one of the following: blog, Goodreads profile, Twitter account, YouTube channel or Instagram account in the Linky below. That way, we’ll have a chance to see where you guys will be talking about all of your fantasy reads (and we can come and visit you).
- You can read as little or as much as you’d like to. There are no levels for this challenge!
- There will be two giveaways, one at 6 months and one at the end of the year. More details will be provided closer to those dates.
- Help us spread the word! Feel free to tweet about the challenge using our official hashtag #flightsoffantasy, grab the button to link to the challenge in your blog sidebar, share the image on Pinterest / Instagram or even write your own post about it. We love talking with fellow fantasy fans and want to connect with as many of them as possible!
Now these two Reading Challenges are the trickier ones because there is a mini category for each month that I will need to fulfill in order to complete it.
Click on the banner to view more details.
JANUARY – Diversify Your Reading
FEBRUARY – Undercover Thriller
MARCH – Time Traveler
APRIL – Award Winners
MAY – Book to Movie or Audio
JUNE – Destination Unknown
JULY – Believe the Unbelievable
AUGUST – Seasons, Elements, & Weather
SEPTEMBER – Creepy, Chilling, & Frightful
OCTOBER– Games, Challenges, & Contests
NOVEMBER – Last Chance
DECEMBER – Picking Favorites
This one has a similar set up as the previous Reading Challenge, but I can only choose books that are on my TBR pile. Since I have a lot I won’t have to worry about not having enough books. There is also a mini-challenge that I have to accomplish by the end of the 3rd Wednesday of the month because there will be a discussion. Anyways, here are the sub-categories.
January 18 – We Love Short Shorts! (category romance, short stories, novella etc.)
February 15 – New-To-You Author
March 15 – Comfort Read (Favorite Author? Favorite Trope? Favorite Sub Genre?)
April 19 – Contemporary
May 17 – Something Different (outside your comfort zone, unusual setting, etc.)
June 21 – Favorite Trope (a favorite theme – amnesia? secret baby? fairy tale? etc.)
July 19 – Series Catch-Up (a book from a series you’re behind on)
August 16 – Kicking It Old School (publication date 10 years or older)
September 20 – Historical
October 18 – Paranormal or Romantic Suspense
November 15 – Recommended Read (a book recommended to you by someone)
December 20 – Holiday Themes
So that’s it for 2017, hopefully I’ll be able to finish all my challenges and let me know if you are participating in any challenges for this new year!