After the death of Jacob’s father he wanted to learn more about his roots in a remote island off the coast of Wales. As he explores the island he stumbles upon an old abandoned school, where he realizes that it might not be as safe as it should be.
A lot of people opted to read the book since they have seen the movie. Unfortunately, I don’t really think the movie gave any justice to the first book. Although I wasn’t a fan of the first book, I did enjoy the series overall. Plus, I feel that the movie made me enjoy the book a lot more.
REASON FOR READING THE SERIES:
- PICTURES: Ransom Riggs did a great job in incorporating old, black and white pictures in his books. The first one didn’t flow as well, but by the second and third he used the pictures as an advantage to enhance the story of the children
- MINOR CHARACTERS: I wasn’t really a fan of Jacob, but I did enjoy the other children within the book. I don’t really want to go into details, but those that were introduced in the second book are a lot more peculiar than the first.
- ACTION: There are so many things that happens in these three books that you won’t be bored in any of the chapters.
- RISK: I feel that Riggs is a very risky author and he’s not really scared to tell his story the way he wants to. I feel that the ending of the whole trilogy is a bit on the conventional side, but everything else, I feel that Riggs did a great job.
- Reader’s who enjoys a novel filled with action and adventure
- Those who enjoy stories with parallel universe
- Fans of Urban Fantasy
Not Recommended for:
- Insta-love haters
- Sensitive topic on children or animals getting hurt
- Readers who are not fans of time travel novels
***Posted this on a Monday. Sorry, such a hectic and tiring weekend!***