This Mid-Year Update is more like a Mid-Year Freak out! I haven’t been doing a lot of reading lately and the reading that I have been doing I’ve been stalling and procrastinating. ACK! Here is my post for my Reading Challenge for the year 2017, just in case you want to understand my overwhelming goal!
So here’s the quick version of an update, that’s slowly starting to make me panic!
GOODREADS Reading Challenge: I’ve read a total of 32 books out of 70!
I also set 5 other goals I wanted to accomplish this year:
- Finish my 12 months Challenge – I’ve been well on this challenge every month except for June. Booo…! I’m suppose to read a none mystery ‘adult’ novel!
- Read an adult book that NOT a mystery – ARGH! I’m not even sure why I put this challenge. I’ve actually only read 2 book for this whole year and its almost JULY!
- Start and Finish a Trilogy in the same year – This challenge is a tough one for me, tougher than the previous. I actually haven’t started this and this is hitting me harder than the other challenges.
- Finish 5 Series that I have started – I’ve actually finished one series already so four more to go. I have 2 trilogies that I only have one more book to go. So I’m fairly confident that I can accomplish this one. YAY!
- Read my Fixed TBR: Ummm…yea. I’ve read 5 of the 20 books I wanted to get rid off my TBR.
It’s not pretty I warned everyone and I’ve only just begun (insert crying emoti!)
On top of these ‘Mini’ goals I wanted to accomplish, I also ‘entered’ 4 Blog Challenges.
Dystopia Reading Challenge: Read 6-10 Books
I’ve read four books so far. Not bad actually, could be worst.
Flights of Fantasy: Read 8 Books extra points for Reading books in the host’s list
I’ve read 6 books out of 8. Whaaaaat…!!! I’m pleasantly surprised. I really do want to read more so maybe I’ll try to surpass 8 books.
Motif Challenge: Read 1 Book a month that fits a certain theme.
I actually have only done three of the five months that has passed and I’m trying to finish the book for this month – Destination Unknown!
TBR Challenge: Read 1 Book a month that fits a certain theme AND write a review on a certain date.
This, I’m proud to say, I’ve been doing well. I’ve been able to finish a book each month, except for April. Took a Holiday in April and wasn’t able to finish the book I wanted for that month. I tried tho, just didn’t make it for the month of April.
So as you can tell I’ve been using the same books for certain challenges and goals, which I think is valid enough. I’m actually doing fairly well on the Blog Challenges, but horrible in my personal goals, as seen on the first half of this post. I really want to remedy that in this last few months of 2017. I still can’t believe we’re already half way through 2017. YIKES!
Hows your reading goal this year so far? Let me know if you’re freaking out like me, or you’re totally calm and collected because you have your sh*t together.