Meet Cute (Anthology) by Various Authors
Rating: It really depends on the story. My rating range from 3-4 out of 5
Theme: Short Stories, novellas, etc.
Why? This is one of those highly expected new release of 2018 and it works for me because it was perfect for the TBR Challenge. I also wanted to try out some of the authors that is in the book.
Review: A few years ago I read another anthology, similar to Meet Cute, My True Love Gave to me, and I wasn’t a fan of those stories. Mind you I’m not really much of a contemporary romance reader, but there are some occasional books that slip through and I actually end up enjoying them. This is one of those occasions that I had a memorable reading experience. Although I was really hesitant to pick this up, I’m glad that I did, I actually prefer these stories than the ones in My True Love Gave to Me. Also, I was able to try some authors I’ve been on the fence about in picking up their books, at least this way I was able to get a feel on how the author write.
There are some that was a hit and there are those that was a miss, understandable since authors doesn’t write the same way. I’m really not going to give a synopsis of the stories since they’re already pretty short. However, I will list the stories that I did like and those that I disliked.
Stories that I enjoyed:
- Click by Catherine McGee
- Somewhere that’s Green by Meredith Russo (This one by far is my favorite out of all the ones that I enjoyed)
- OOMPH by Emery Lord
- The Dictionary of You and Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- The Unlikelyhood of Falling in Love by Jocelyn Davies
- The Department of Dead Love by Nicola Yoon
Stories that I wasn’t fond of:
- Printshop by Nina LaCour (this story reminded me too much of YOU with the whole social media stalking)
- 259 Million Miles by Kass Morgan (This had such potential, but that ending…)