Back in 2019

Hi all. Just a quick update. I’ve been busy for the past couple of months therefore I’ve decided to close my blog for the holiday and I will be back in January 2019.

See you then!!!

Advertisements

Fall Reads 2017 Look-Back

fall

Last year I posted this “Books I want to read this Fall“. So if you clicked to that link you will notice that I listed nine books that I wanted to read in Fall 2017. If you didn’t click, here is a recap:

Unfortunately, as usualy I didn’t stick to my TBR and before I create another ‘Books I want to Read 2018″ I decided to check-in and see if I actually read these books last year. So out of the nine book listed above, I have only read three, which I think is a pretty sad ordeal. I read Stalking Jack the Ripper, The Breakdown and Warcross.

Did I actually read these during Fall of 2017? Technically, no. In Toronto, Fall starts mid-September and I actually read the three books beginning of September. So it looks like I tried to read from the list, but veered away from it.

I’m hoping that my list for this Fall will be read in the time I actually state, but we’ll see.

Book Date Monday #6

its-monday-what-are-you-reading

This week was a pretty successful week. I was able to finish two books for the readathon I participated in. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll keep reading this month.

Last Week

As previously stated, I participated in the Read-EH-thon from July 1-8 and I think I did pretty well.

This Week

Fifth to Die

I definitely need to finish this book by this week and have a review up before July 10. I’m cutting it a bit close, I’m pretty sure my review will be late, but its just been a really bad reading months for me. This book was given to me as an ARC by the publishers and I want to get to it.

Next Week

origin

I’m not trying to be overly ambitious, but I do want to be able to get this book read by the end of this month. I’ve been dying to pick it up, but like I said, not the best year for me in terms of reading.

A Short Note

check.png

Hi all. Sorry but my page will be taking a short break. I have a family emergency that will not allow me much free time, therefore, my postings will be halted. Due to the fact that it’s a family thing, I won’t go into details. Hopefully things will return back to normal, but time can only tell.

For now, Happy Reading to all!

A Quick Update

After my travels I usually post a few pictures of my vacation and I totally forgot to post some of Cuba. So here they are…plus you know, a quick update. Enjoy!

My family and I stayed in Varadero and it was amazing. The beach was beautiful (yes, I forgot to take a picture of it), the people are so friendly and Havana was wonderful! My family and I definitely had a wonderful time! That chicken and rice platter, was heavenly, just fyi.

Anyways, since I got back from my vacation I’ve been reading anything at all. I’ve tried to pick up a few books, but I just wasn’t interested in them. I’m not really in a slump, but I’ve been addicted to playing this game on my phone and has occupied 90% of my free time. The other 10% is household chores, a must or else we won’t have food to eat or clean clothes to wear.

I’m already 7 books behind my Goodreads reading challenge, but I’m not going to lower it just yet. I’m still aiming for 60 books and hopefully I’ll be able to catch up in the next few months. I’m not planning on picking up any books for the remainder of March and I’ll start fresh in April. I’ll still be trying to post on my regular schedules, but there won’t be any book reviews in awhile, since I have no recent books to review.

I’ll have a Spring TBR coming soon and Readathons I’m thinking of participating in April. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I’ll be able to manage my two addiction for next month and I’m really hoping that I’ll be able to read something.

 

Winter Book Haul

Spring is literally around the corner and so  think it’s time I do my winter book haul. So for those who doesn’t really know I only create quarterly book hauls, usually at the end of each season, because I don’t really buy a lot of book. I mean it’s still a lot, but not enough for me to actually do a book haul each month. I read a lot of books from my overdrive app,  might have to wait awhile for it, but it does save me a lot of money.

Let’s get on with the haul.

 

Those are the books that I have accumulated in the last three months. I’m excited for some and the others, not so much. I’m not really sure when I’ll be getting to read these books, but at least I know I have them in my collection.

Oh, and sorry I’ve been MIA lately. I’ve been busy with this game on my phone lately and it’s been draining me of my time and energy. I seriously haven’t picked up a book for three weeks now and I’m not sure if March will be a successful reading month. Hopefully by April I would be more inclined to pick up a book.